Almost 1200 people make up Team Southampton – the workforce dedicated to running Southampton Airport and looking after our 1.8million annual passengers. Of these 1200 people, almost 200 are employed directly by Southampton Airport with many more employed by several business partners across the airport.
Job opportunities with Southampton Airport
The wide-ranging and varied roles at Southampton Airport include positions within our support functions, including Finance, Health and Safety, Marketing and Media as well as operational roles (click on link for more info):
Southampton Airport is committed to recruiting high performing individuals, who are passionate about our business and delivering great customer service. We believe that it is important to recruit and retain a wealth of talent and where possible seek to recruit from both within the business, as well as in and around our local community.
Current vacancies with Southampton International Airport Limited
To search for current job vacancies please visit our Recruitment site.
Security vacancies at Southampton Airport
If you would like to work in Security at Southampton Airport please visit our new business partner’s recruitment page.
Vacancies with our business partners
From retail and catering, check-in and ground staff, to baggage handling, cleaning and bus driving to name a few, there’s a host of roles available with business partners at Southampton Airport.
For vacancies with our ground services provider, Swissport, please see their recruitment site.
For Border Force vacancies please search the Civil Service recruitment site.
Current vacancies with airport business partners
Breeze Priority Lounge – Lounge host
We currently have an opportunity for a Lounge Host to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to work within a 5* environment and provide an excellent service for high class/business clientele.
As a Lounge Host you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining counters and serving customers
- Ensuring that areas of work and tables are kept to a high standard of cleanliness throughout the day
- Completing food preparation, wastage, temperature and cleaning records.
- Maintaining stocks and supply levels by completing orders and stock counts
- Complying with all company and legal procedures relating to food safety, hygiene, health and safety and personal requirements
- Carrying out training and reasonable requests as required by your line manager
- Checking in passengers
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent customer service
- Previous experience working in either hospitality and/or catering roles (advantageous)
- Knowledge of food safety and COSHH (advantageous)
- Good verbal communication skills
- The ability to follow instructions as well as working to your own initiative
Working hours - 40 hours per week (subject to availability). If this sounds like you, please send a CV to Gideon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the level of resources and security procedures required to host work experience students in an airport environment, work experience placements are only available to students at Bitterne Park School, as part of the airport's strategic partnership with the school.