Getting to & from the airport by bus
Southampton Airport boasts fantastic bus links, with both local and regional bus operators providing fast and efficient services to the city centre and local surrounding areas. You can also catch buses to the local area from the adjacent Southampton Airport Parkway train station. Journey time to the city centre is approximately 35-40 minutes.
We’ve provided further details below to help you with your journey planning.
Local bus operators
- The U1C bus service operates between Southampton Airport, Southampton University, the city centre and the Waterfront. It runs every 15 minutes Monday - Friday during University term time, every 10 minutes Monday - Friday during University vacation time, every 10 minutes on Saturdays and every 15 minutes on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- There's also a U1A service which operates in the opposite direction; from the city to the airport.
- The X4 runs between Eastleigh and Hedge End and stops at Southampton Airport Parkway.
• Uni Link 023 8059 5974 (0930 -1600 Mon-Fri and 0930 -1400 during university vacations)
• Velvet Bus 023 8061 2288
• First Group 0870 010 6022
• Wheelers Connect 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute, mobile charges may differ, lines open 7am to 10pm every day).
Travelling by bus further north
The Megabus stops at the airport allowing passengers to make journeys further north. From Southampton Airport the Megabus’ first stop is Oxford continuing all the way up to Sunderland. To check the current stopping points please visit their website for further information.
Contact details: Tel: 0900 1600 900 Sunday - Saturday 07:00 to 22:00 (Calls cost 61p per minute from a BT landline, calls from mobiles and some other networks may be higher).