But it’s half term – including the Spring Bank Holiday - that’s shaping up to be the biggest escape for Southampton Airport’s passengers, with around 56,000 passengers expected between 23rd May and 1st June 2014.
Jan Halliday, Director of Marketing & Communications, said: “The summer season is always an exciting time for us, when the airport really comes alive with happy holiday-makers and enthusiastic families. There are a range of great holiday options when flying from Southampton Airport – from city breaks and family resorts to spa retreats and stag and hen hotspots.”
So, where are the top sunny spots this summer?
- Majorca – An island of contrasts. Home to energetic resorts, superclubs and lively restaurants, if you venture further afield you’ll find secluded coves, walled medieval cities and natural parks. Fly to Palma with Flybe, Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook or Prestige Holidays
- The Algarve - Venture along the dramatic Algarve coastline and you’ll find turquoise seas, golden beaches, sophisticated harbours, first class golf, great seafood and bustling markets. Fly to Faro with Thomas Cook, Prestige Holidays and Flybe.
- Lake Garda - The lake’s shimmering blue waters are surrounded by picturesque backdrops – mountains, flourishing flora and charming villages full of history and culture. A favourite of the jet-set. Fly to Verona with Flybe, Inghams, Thomas Cook, Prestige Holidays and Esprit Sun.
- Costa Blanca - The stunning Costa Blanca region is dotted with whitewashed villas, secluded coves, beautiful mountains, sprawling vineyards, sandy beaches, lively resorts and plenty of opportunities for water sports. Fly to Alicante with Flybe
- Costa del Sol – With over 300 days of sun every year, the Costa del Sol has rightfully earned its name. There are spectacular beaches, glamorous marinas and a buzzing party scene, plus a healthy dose of culture – the famous painter Picasso was born here too. Fly to Malaga with Flybe and Prestige Holidays.
- French Riviera –Nice is well placed to offer up the whole of the French Riviera. Take a trip out to beautiful Eze, set sail for the Ile Sainte Marguerite or venture over the border into Italy, past the municipality of Monaco. Fly to Nice with Flybe.
Feeling inspired? Read about more of the beautiful and varied destinations which are just a short hop from Southampton Airport at www.southamptonairport.com/destinations