With flights from Southampton Airport direct to Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh, you are just a short flight away from some of the best walking in the UK .
• Find total isolation at Cape Wrath, the most north-westerly point on the Scottish mainland.
• Discover the perfect place for off-the-beaten-track trekking on the island of Jura and see the islands famous Corryvreckan Whirlpool – a wild whirlpool created by an underwater mountain!
• Enjoy a two-day tramp over mountainous terrain, wild camping or bedding down in a basic bothy to get to the Knoydart Peninsula.
• Disembark the train at Corrour station in the Highlands on the Glasgow to Fort William line and tackle the nearby mountains on the wild, windswept Rannoch Moor.
• Explore the crumbling ruins of the ghost town St Kilda, famously evacuated in 1930 and abandoned by its remote community.
• Discover more and plan your walking holiday to Scotland with help from www.visitscotland.com
Munich not only offers walks with countryside and city backdrops but being only 30 miles north of the edge of the Alps, it’s also the perfect gateway for exploring the Bavarian and Austrian Alps.
• Discover the historic and artistic districts of this thriving medieval city centre.
• Perfect for more gentle walks over gently undulating terrain, Munich’s countryside makes for a great mix with the city sightseeing.
• Visit the world famous “Hofbräuhaus” to witness what the Bavarian lifestyle is all about and enjoy the areas unique hikes.
• Just a short distance away, you can hike the many trails of the Bavarian Alps including the Hirschberg, whose summit provides lovely views over the lake and towards the city.
• Discover more and plan your walking holiday to Munich with help from www.munich-touristinfo.de
A flight from Southampton to Alicante takes you directly to this idyllic walking destination with its rugged terrains, dramatic ravines and steeped in history.
• The classic limestone mountains known as “La muntanya d’Alacant” (which means the Alicante Mountains) is a beautiful location for walking and trekking.
• With its wonderful heritage, historic buildings and monuments, Alicante City offers a perfect walking sightseeing tour.
• Join the Alicante Gourmet Walking Tour and stroll down the narrow streets of the city, learning about the history whilst sampling some locally produced cured meats, salted fish and Alicante wine along the way.
• Discover more and plan your walking holiday to Alicante with help from www.alicante.com
To check flights from Southampton Airport today click here.