2 ¾ hours after leaving Southampton Airport, warm weather, outstanding beaches and family-friendly resorts await. Whether you want to build sandcastles, see the cultural delights or experience the thrilling theme parks, whatever you are looking for in a family holiday, you’ll find it here! Happy holidays!
Great for: families with teenagers (13 years +) Flight time to Alicante: 2 hours 15 mins The older children will certainly ditch the gadgets in favour of the fun they can have in the Costa Blanca.
• Enjoy a different beach every day with many offering sailing schools, yacht clubs, windsurfing and water-skiing instruction, swimming and scuba-diving clubs
• Get up close with dolphins, seals, sea-lions and exotic birds at Mundo Mar Marine Park, Benidorm
• Children are never too old for water parks and Aqualandia in Benidorm is one of the largest water parks in the world
• Elche Palmeral Aventuras offers a day of adventure and adrenaline
• Discover the natural formations of the underground in the Coves del Canelobre
Fly from Southampton to Alicante with: Flybe (Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) Flight Time: 2 hours 15 mins.
Costa del Sol
Great for: Families with tweens (4 - 12 years) Flight time to Malaga: 2 hours 30 mins
Children between the ages of four and twelve may want to splash around in the pool while others seek adventure but, believe it or not, some children still think it’s cool to spend time with their parents. Seize this opportunity!
• Visit the home of over 200 crocs at Crocodile Park, Torremolinos
• Explore the town of Fuengirola aboard the hop-on and hop-off Mini Train City Tour
• Rio Chillar, Nerja, Malaga is one of the Costa del Sol’s classic family walks with river pools, waterfalls and nature galore.
• Go all out at an inflatable obstacle course at Costa Water Park in Fuengirola
• See the animals in their natural habitat at BioParc Zoo, Fuengirola
Fly from Southampton to Malaga with: Flybe (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) Flight Time: 2 hours 30 mins
Best for: families with younger children (0 - 4 years)
Flight time to Faro: 2 hours 25 mins
With its moderate climate, fantastic beaches and purposebuilt resorts, it’s hard to beat an Algarve family holiday, its especially suited to those travelling with smaller children. Get your buckets and spades ready at one of the Blue Flag approved beaches, the most famous spot being Praia da Marinha
• Introduce the young family member to sharks, sea-lions and tropical fish at ZooMarine
• Explore rock pools for barnacles, starfish and tiny crabs in the old fishing village of Carvoeiro
• If mummy or daddy are seeking some downtime, the Algarve has some of the best tennis and golf courses anywhere in Europe
• Falesia has child-friendly accommodation ranging from campsites to hotels and luxury villas.
Fly from Southampton to: Faro Fly with Flybe (Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) Flight Time: 2 hours 25 mins
Book early for the best discounts
Southampton Airport Direct Travel are the holiday experts offering customers the widest choice of flights and holidays from Southampton Airport. Whether you want a short break or a trip of a lifetime, you can tailor make your holiday with one of the friendly, knowledgeable team of travel experts or online by clicking here.