Renowned for being a very family friendly destination, the resorts provides all the facilities that people with babies and young children need.
Splash out at one of the waterparks or get closer to underwater creatures at Palma Aquarium or Marine land.
Let your little explorers discover the wildlife in the Mondrago Natural Park.
- Quaff like an expert on a vineyard tour at the regions wineries.
For the adventurous:
- Explore the island by bike. Over 35,000 cyclists a year, from far and wide, the novice to the pro come to train in the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range which is now a World Heritage Site.
For the culture-vulture:
As the island has been inhabited since 7,000BC there are plenty of historical sites to visit.
The dramatic and picturesque west coast of the island has become a hub for the creative crowd. Robert Graves, one of England’s greatest poets, was one of the first English to move to the island.
There’s an amazing range of underground caves with an array of giant stalactites, stalagmites and shimmering lakes, the most impressive being the Coves del Drach.
For the sun-seeker:
- With a year-round average temperature of 21°C, more than 300 days of sunshine and over 80 beaches, there’s a quiet secluded cove or lively beach for everyone.
For those that like the finer things:
- Live lavishly while you’re here and visit the gorgeous boutique hotels in the Es Raigeur area or hang out with the rich and famous at one of the 41 marinas.
- Take your place at a table of one of the 2,500 restaurants and sample the fine Spanish fayre, freshly caught seafood or an internationally-inspired menu.
The beach of Es Trenc is estimated to lose around 25 tonnes of sand a year being lost in people’s clothes, towels, hair and the bottom of their shoes!
Ever noticed the windmills of Majorca? In their former life, they were used by farmers to grind grain and pump water. Today their presence is so inherent to the islands heritage, that in 2004, the Majorcan government developed a project dedicated to their restoration and preservation.
In 2011, Majorca stunning Serra de Tramuntana mountain range was awarded World Heritage Status by UNESCO for being an area of great Physical and Cultural significance.
Book early for the best discounts!
Southampton Airport Direct Travel are the holiday experts offering customers the widest choice of flights and holidays from Southampton Airport. Whether you want a short break or a trip of a lifetime, you can tailor make your holiday with one of the friendly, knowledgeable team of travel experts or online by clicking here.