The Consultative Committee meets three times a year, to review the airport’s latest developments, monitor the airport’s adherence to regulations which minimise noise, as well as evaluate the levels of community feedback received by the airport’s dedicated Noise & Flight Evaluation Unit. The committee has over 20 members, consisting of a range of stakeholders including local councillors and officers, resident associations, disability groups, industry bodies and airport users. The Consultative Committee is independently chaired, with the following purpose:
- To act as a means of consultation in relation to Southampton Airport in accordance with the provisions of Section 35 of the Civil Aviation Act 1982.
- It allows the concerns of interested parties to be raised and taken into account by the airport operator, with a genuine desire on all sides to resolve any issues that may emerge.
The Technical Working Group has been established to provide technical guidance and advice to the Consultative Committee on measures to minimise the disturbance to communities around Southampton Airport. This focuses primarily on issues relating to aircraft noise, arising from airport operational activity.
Members of the group include:
- Consultative Committee Chair
- Representation from one or more of the base airlines
- Southampton Airport operational experts
- Local authority technical officers from Eastleigh Borough Council, Southampton City Council and Winchester City Council.
If you would like further information on the Southampton Airport Consultative Committee, please find the contact details in the FAQ’s and Contact us section.