Breeze through volunteers
A fulfilling experience - for you and our passengers
Join a friendly team in a fun environment and provide a warm welcome to our passengers.
Are you looking for an interesting way to help others, and develop some new skills at the same time? As a volunteer, you could make a huge difference to the way our passengers use and enjoy Southampton Airport. Plus, you’ll have excellent training opportunities while gaining hands on customer-service experience. If you want to make travelling easier and more enjoyable for our passengers, we’d love to hear from you.
Join us as a volunteer
What you will be doing:
- Welcoming all airport visitors, assisting them with any queries they may have in a professional manner and leaving them with a positive lasting impression of Southampton Airport
- Provide directional assistance to airport users and a helping hand to arriving and departing passengers ensuring they have an easy and friendly experience
- Share knowledge of the local region and provide visitors with information which may include onward travel advice, accommodation and tourist attractions
- Help departing passengers with security preparation providing guidance on restrictions
- Support and assist with special events and during times of disruption at the airport.
What we can offer you:
- Free tea & coffee
- Free long stay car parking at LHR airports
- Training & development opportunities
- Your own volunteer uniform
- The opportunity to be involved with airport events
- The opportunity to make new friends, contacts and networks.
We are looking for people who...
- Are committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Have great people skills and previous experience working in an environment requiring face to face interaction
- Are able to approach people and communicate information comfortably and clearly
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Are interested in the airport environment
- Have a passion for the local region with good geographical and local knowledge.
If you are interested in joining the Breeze Through Volunteer team, you’ll need to be:
- Over 18 years old
- Able to commit at least 4 hours a week to volunteering at the airport
- Eligible for an airport ID and pass security checks.
How to apply
Applications for breeze through volunteers are now closed. We will update here when we are recruiting again.
If you would like to find out more about being a breeze through volunteer take a look at our information leaflet.
Some downloads require Adobe® Reader®