Southampton Airport at a glance
- 06:30-22:30 (weekdays)
- 06:30-22:30 (Saturdays)
- 07:30-22:30 (Sundays)
- Passengers per year: 1.69 million in 2012.
- Passenger profile: ABC1: 85% C2DE: 15%
Airlines and aircraft movements
- Airlines and tour operators: 12
- Air transport movements per year: 38,641 during 2012
- Destinations: 44
- Aircraft types: Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, Embraer 195, Embraer 175, Jetstream 41, Jetstream 31, Britten Norman Trislander, Saab 2000, Dehavilland Twin Otter.
- Number of runways: 1
- Runway length: 1,723m long by 37m wide
- Total retail space: over 800 m²
- Check-in capacity: 26 facilities (17 desks and 9 self-service machines)
- Car parking spaces: short stay 1,553; long stay 1,196
- Number of aircraft stands: 14
- Over £80 million since 2004, with an additional £7 million invested in 2010.
- Economic contribution: £86.5 million a year (Geodata Institute of Southampton University 2004)
- Employs: over 1,200 in 30 companies (around 200 are direct employees)
- Cargo: around 250 tonnes per year
Top five international destinations by passenger numbers 2012
Top five domestic destinations by passenger numbers 2012
- Belfast City
- Origins date back to 1910
- Current facilities opened in 1994
European Award Winner of the ACI Airport People Award 2008 and 2009, for excellent customer service achievements. Winner of the City Champion Award for Innovation 2008 from Business Southampton.
Owned and operated by: LHR Airports Limited
Managing Director: Dave Lees
Southampton business map. (This link will launch a 62KB PDF file in a new window.)
Please click on the image below to download the free plug-in which you will need to view PDF files. This link will open in a new window.